Mission: Committed to providing current and diverse programming and fitness opportunities to enhance life-long health and well-being of our members, residents, businesses and guests.
Vision: To create an atmosphere that encourages individuals to live healthy, active lifestyles
Values: Excellence, Engagement, Respect, Quality Experiences and Ethical Decision Making
- Provide services and programs that support individuals’ well-being.
- Strengthen the community environment.
- Enhance retention through recreation, fitness programs and services that optimize members, residents, guests and businesses.
- Create additional financial resources for those that qualify.
- Help stimulate growth of Harrison County
601 Snyder Road Woodbine, IA 51579
- The CREW Center operating calendar does not correspond with the Harrison County School District Calendar. The CREW Center will remain open for business during school vacations, teacher-in-service days and some holidays.
- Holiday hours will be posted 1 month in advance.
- The CREW Center parking is available in the block directly east of the building, as well as the north side across the street.
- Staff parking will be located west of the Building Blocks Academy.
Scope of Services in the Building
The CREW Center is open to the public.
Community Fitness: Encompasses all exercise equipment, exercise classes, personal fitness evaluations and personalized fitness programs
Community Recreation Programs: Encompasses all sports and recreation programs offered by Woodbine leisure services either at The CREW Center or another facility.
Community Pool: Encompasses all aquatics center, swimming lessons, exercise classes and programs.
Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, & Indemnity Agreement
The user is fully aware of dangers and risks involved in participating in every activity at the CREW Center facility, including but not limited to, swimming, group exercise, weight-lifting, cardiovascular equipment exercises, volleyball, soccer, basketball, wrestling, football, climbing, running, walking and observation of activities, and in using the CREW Center premises and equipment for these and other purposes. Those dangers and risks include, but are not limited to, such things as equipment malfunction, inappropriate or unexpected actions of other participants, muscle or joint tears, sprains, strains, broken or fractured bones, concussion and other severe or fatal injuries. With knowledge of these dangers and risks, I make the promises and agreements stated (Appendix 1).
In order to maintain a high level of service to our users, the CREW Center enforces a Code of Conduct that all participants must follow. All users are expected to be responsible, courteous and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse or misuse of the facility or its equipment, or disregard for policies will not be tolerated. The CREW Center staff appreciates your cooperation in creating a friendly and positive environment for wellness opportunities in all areas of our facility.
Participation in all programs and recreation at the CREW Center is a privilege. All users who participate in activities or who utilize the CREW facility agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
Participants are expected to:
- Treat the CREW Center property with respect.
- Not falsify any documentation or communication pertinent to business or membership within the CREW Center.
- Remain within bounds of moral depravity.
- Not steal or aide in the stealing of CREW or other user’s property.
- Abide by the CREW staff and employees
- Not use or be under the influence of alcohol, tobacco, or any other unauthorized controlled substance within the CREW Center.
- Not deliberately counsel or invoke other users and/or employees to violate CREW Code of Conduct/Misconduct Policy or CREW Operations Manual.
- Act with character and courtesy while respecting the rights, welfare and dignity of all others in the CREW facility.
- Refrain from vulgar language and offensive conduct. Language that is deemed offensive to others will not be tolerated.
- Act in a safe, responsible manner regarding themselves and others.
- Adhere to the rules and policies included in this document and set by the CREW Center.
Participants engaging in inappropriate behavior or violating CREW Center policies may be subject to have their privileges of participation suspended or revoked, and could face possible City of Woodbine disciplinary action.
The CREW Center is accessible from the Main Entrance on Snyder Road. These doors will be open the same hours that Community Fitness and Recreation Programs operate. The office will be open during normal operating hours.
The CREW Center is a controlled access facility and only authorized individuals are allowed to enter. The intended users of Community Fitness and Recreation Programs are authorized users of the community.
Upon entrance to the facility, everyone must check into the building at the front desk and show proper identification. Cooperation for presenting proper identification is expected at all times. Members will scan their membership card.
Those who are not members of the CREW Center, but utilizing the facility, will check in at the front desk and show a form of identification to check-in. Depending on the user’s reason for entry there may be a fee.
Those who are guests and using the CREW facility for the day will show proper identification at the front desk. They will be asked to fill out paper work and have their picture taken.
Accepted forms of identification for those non-members include:
- Driver’s License
- State Identification Card
- Student ID (college age and younger)
- US Military ID
Membership cards are non-transferable and are to be used exclusively by the individual named on the card. An individual who presents a card other than the rightful member may be subjected to disciplinary action. CREW staff reserves the right to check identification at any time.
One fob/keycard will be offered to each membership plan. An additional fob/keycard can be purchased by an adult for $25. Any lost fob/keycard will cost $25 for a replacement fob/keycard.
Individuals who are suspended or have expired memberships, will not have access to community fitness. Guests must check in at the welcome desk before entering and pay the daily fee for community fitness.
Entry and exiting of the CREW Center must always be through the designated main entrance and exit. Individuals entering or exiting through non-designated doors are subject to disciplinary action. All other exits should be used for emergencies only.
- The CREW memberships are available for purchase to all community members.
- Recreation Programs that are put on at the CREW through Woodbine Youth Services do not require a membership to the CREW to participate in.
- Fitness classes that are offered at the CREW do not require a membership to participate in. A person who does not have a membership has to pay the additional rate for the fitness class.
- Membership IDs are given to all members that would need to be checked into any services by The CREW Center.
- All members under the same membership need to be living in the same household. Only 2 members can be over 21.
Membership Category Definitions
- Adult – High School Graduate to 64 years of age
- Youth – Newborn through summer after high school graduation.
- Senior – Person 65 years of age and older
- Family – Immediate family of with dependent children under the age of 18.
- Adult – $480.00*
- Couple- $540.00*
- Family- $660.00*
- Senior – $360.00*
- Senior Couple – $420.00*
- Youth – $300.00*
**Does not include taxes (Appendix)
There are different payment methods for different membership options. In order to pay by cash or check for a Membership, payment must be made in full. Continuous Monthly Membership is paid through monthly automatic bank drafts. Membership cancellation is required in writing with 30 day notice. Daily Admissions can be paid by cash, check, money order, debit or credit card.
Members can also receive a 10% discount on recreation program registration. All members will be brought through a formal instruction of all the facilities equipment and amenities.
Cancellations, Freezes, and Refunds
- Pre-Paid Annual Membership dues are non-refundable except under the following circumstances:
- A documented medical condition which prevents the member from utilizing the facility for 1 (one) year or more is eligible for a pro-rated refund.
- Medical conditions that prevent members from attending for short term (1-11 months) are handled by freezing the membership calendar/clock until the member can return.
- The member or family can verify relocation to at least 25 (twenty-five) miles away from the facility is eligible for a pro-rated refund.
- If a membership fob is lost it will be replaced with a $25.00 (twenty-five dollar) fee.
- Cancellation of a monthly withdrawn membership will require the member to finish the payment of the current month and pay the next month with access. Without cancellation notice the membership will automatically renew for as a copy of the previous membership contract.
- Membership Freezes:
- Only can freeze your membership 1x a year
- Freezes have to be at least 2 months minimum
- If choose to come back early from freeze and want to start membership, you can pick it up with normal membership rates (but will still be charged the monthly freeze fee; $5/month)
- $5/month to freeze the membership
Day passes are intended to accommodate individuals who would like to use the CREW Center for a short period of time. Day passes do not need to be purchased in advance (but can be) and are available at the front desk once a form of identification has been shown. Day Passes are good for one day only.
- The CREW Center reserves the right to approve or deny any day pass transaction.
- Must show proper identification before being approved.
Day pass admission fees
- Adult – $8.00
- Youth – $5.00
- Senior – $8.00
- Family – $25.00
Weekly pass admission fees
- Adult – $20.00
- Youth – $13.00
- Senior – $20.00
- Family – $50.00
Conflicts regarding membership status shall be referred to the Membership Services Specialist. Decisions may be appealed to the Executive Director, and then to the CREW Center Board.
- Minors are defined as members or guests less than 16 years old
- Unaccompanied minors are defined as members or guests ages 12-15 without direct parental, guardian, or other adult supervision
Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Parent or guardian does not have to be in the building. The minor must be between the ages of 12-15.
Minor/Minor Guest Policy
- Under 12 years of age must have a parent, guardian, or someone 16 or older must supervise the minor at all times. Without proper supervision, minors will be denied access to the facility.
- In the leisure pool, children at least 8 years of age may be checked in with the lifeguards by parents/guardian who informs lifeguards where they will be in the facility.
- Ages 8-11 do not need direct supervision in specific areas including, gym, field house and leisure pool, but the adult, at least 16 years of age, needs to remain in the building at all times.
- An adult or guardian of the minor or minor guest will be notified immediately to request direct supervision or pickup.
Corporate Membership Program
This offers a 10% discount off any type of annual membership for participating organizations. If your organization is interested in becoming a corporate member, please contact the Executive Director.
- All pets are prohibited, with the exception of service animals.
- The CREW Center normally take photographs and/or videos of various programs, activities, or special events. Unless requested otherwise, participation will be considered permission for the CREW Center to use the photos and videos for marketing and promotion.
- Pictures/videos may NOT be taken in the locker rooms, family changing area, restrooms, or other areas deemed by the CREW Center.
- Photography/videography for a special event needs to be approved by the Executive Director. It is recommended picture/video requests (Appendix) be placed at least 24 hours in advance with the CREW Center Executive Director. The photographer needs to sign in at the front desk and is restricted to the event they are covering. The photographer verbally alerts the group that they are being photographed, telling them how the photo will be used, asking permission, and allowing anyone who does not want to be photographed to step out of the picture.
- Use of lounge areas and informal activity space, when not scheduled/reserved, are on a first come first serve basis.
- Spitting in the common areas or activity areas such as courts, track, fitness area, drinking fountains, sinks, etc., is not permitted.
- No glass bottles are allowed in the CREW Center.
- All equipment must be returned to its proper location after use.
- Personal items should not be left unattended, placed on the floor or on equipment; please use the locker rooms or available cubbies. Personal items are not the responsibility of the CREW Center.
- The televisions will be set to specific stations. Changing the channel will require permission from a CREW staff member.
- All areas and equipment within the CREW shall be used for the intended purpose.
- It is requested that users report any concerns about the facility, equipment and/or other users to the CREW staff as soon as possible.
- A closing announcement will be made approximately 30, 15, and 5 minutes prior to closing. All participants are expected to finish their activity, re-rack all weight equipment, return any checked out equipment, finish showering and exit the CREW Center by closing time unless they are authorized members at the 2nd floor 24hr access.
- The on-duty supervisor has authority over the fitness area conduct and use of equipment throughout the facility and may expel any user from the facility for failure to follow instructions.
- CREW Center may video tape or take photographs of members participating in activities, classes, or programs. These photographs and/or video tapes are for use in future SportsPlex magazines, brochures, promotional literature, websites, or for use on cable television. If members would like to opt out of photographs or videos, they must do so in writing.
- Please contact a staff member of the CREW Center should an accident and/or injury occur.
- The staff member who is contacted about the accident/injury, must fill out an Accident/Injury Report (Appendix)
- Report needs to be given to the Executive Director.
American Disability Act (ADA) Statement
The CREW Center is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Our staff is eager to provide assistance when needed. We want all of our users to fully utilize our facility, and reach their health and fitness goals.
The City of Woodbine encourages participation in activities by individuals with disabilities. Individuals with a disability that requires accommodation in order to participate in a program or class, please contact the front desk in advance.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
The CREW Center and surrounding grounds are substance free. Possession of alcohol, illegal drugs, and tobacco (including smokeless tobacco) are not allowed, and possession of such items will result in removal from the facility and further disciplinary action as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director. The CREW Center staff reserves the rights to check liquid substances in personal beverage containers.
The CREW Center Shop is located at the front desk. There are many different items that can be purchased for supplementing your activities at the facility. Prices are subject to change.
Attire and Footwear
The CREW Center is a positive, healthy environment. It is expected that all users dress appropriately, and the CREW Center reserves the right to determine the acceptability of all exercise attire. CREW Center staff decisions concerning appropriate clothing will be final. Failure to dress properly will result in denial of use of the CREW Center. Clothing with offensive language, designs, or pictures is not acceptable. Clothing inscribed with profanity is prohibited.
Appropriate attire is required at all times:
- Closed toed shoes are required in all areas except the locker rooms and leisure pool. (Only allowance in pool area).
- Full-back, sleeveless shirts or full t-shirts covering the stomach.
- Shorts/pants must be worn for all CREW Center activities. Shorts must be long enough to cover the buttocks and groin.
- Appropriate undergarments and support are required at all times.
- Properly laundered clothing required for sanitary reasons.
- Non-Black, soft soled, closed toe athletic shoes must be worn in the facility.
- Outdoor shoes must be taken off upon entrance of the facility.
- Belts, metal zippers, studs, etc. are prohibited as they may damage exercise equipment and pose a risk to injury.
- Jewelry which may cause equipment damage or pose a risk of injury should be removed. Users may be asked to remove items that pose a danger to self or others.
Equipment with Wheels
- No bicycles, skateboards, scooters, heelies, roller skates or roller blades are permitted inside the facility.
- Bicycle racks are located outside the facility. Bicycles may not be chained anywhere except on the racks.
- Strollers are not permitted in the 2nd floor fitness area.
- Children in strollers must remain in strollers at all times in activity areas.
- Participants with disabilities are exempt from this policy.
- Use of cell phones and all other electronic devices is not allowed in restrooms or locker rooms.
- Cell phones are allowed, but discouraged while using cardio or weight equipment.
- Out of respect for others we ask that users limit cell phone use to public areas.
Personal Music Device
- Headphones are needed if users listen to a personal music device.
- Appropriate cases and/or carrying bands are strongly recommended for users.
- CREW Center staff reserves the right to ask a user to turn down their music.
- Failure to use headphones and/or listen to CREW Center staff will result in removal from the facility.
Participants using the CREW facility and equipment assume the liability and agree to pay for any damages that occur as a result of misuse or damage.
The CREW Center is a facility operating for the benefit of the southwest Iowa community. Members are expected to join the staff in promoting a pleasant recreational environment. Members are asked to use mature judgment in choosing actions, clothing, and language and to be sensitive to the message it delivers to others. Members should respect the rights of others and are encouraged to display good sportsmanship so that participation in all activities is enjoyable and safe. The behavior of a patron must not disrupt the experience of others. All problems should be reported immediately to the on-duty supervisor.
Rules and policies are posted and/or distributed to all CREW Center users. The authority to enforce these policies is vested in the CREW Center staff and administrative personnel responsible for facilities and programs. Violations of rules, malicious use or defacing of property, solicitation, verbal abuse, or other violations of the CREW Center will not be tolerated. The CREW Center Staff reserves the right to make discretionary adjustment to disciplinary action depending on the circumstances which may include suspension or revoking patron privileges. Patron disciplinary policies will be enforced.
Failure to follow CREW Center policy will result in ejection from the facility. Upon ejection, the individual will remain suspended until a date determined by the Executive Director.
The CREW Center staff will give a verbal warning, as well as log that warning for general problems the first time they occur. At the time of the warning, the individuals will be informed of the specific problem with the behavior and that it will not be tolerated. If a patron refuses to cooperate after he/she has received one warning, the violator should be warned a second time to discontinue the infraction or leave the facility. If a patron continues to violate the policy, the patron will be escorted from the facility, and may be suspended for a period of time. The suspension length depends on the infraction. Refunds will not be granted to those individuals. For minors, ages 15 and under, a parent/guardian will be contacted and informed of the situation. All warnings will be documented on an Incident Report by the CREW Center staff.
In cases when the problem occurring is not a general problem and needs to be addressed right away, the patron may not be given a warning at all and just be escorted from the CREW Center. The CREW Center staff reserves the right to decide on the appropriate action for each case separately, depending on the nature and severity of the problem.
Suspension for the above problems will be decided by the Executive Director on a case-by-case basis. The nature and seriousness of the offense will determine the suspension. Refunds will not be granted to those individuals who are suspended due to disciplinary problems.
For extreme and/or repeated violations, permanent termination from the CREW Center will be considered. Refunds will not be granted to those individuals who have their membership terminated.
Appeals can be made if the suspension is long term or permanent (3 months or longer). These appeals will be sent to the CREW Center Board.
- A valid membership or daily pass must be presented to check out equipment at the front desk.
- Users may check out the following items: basketballs, volleyballs, dodgeballs, & pickleball systems.
- If any equipment from the Front Desk is checked out, they must be returned before leaving the facility or before the facility closes on the day the equipment is checked out a late fee will be assessed.
- The person checking out the equipment is responsible for the item(s). If the equipment is lost, damaged, or not returned the individual that checked it out is responsible for the replacement cost. The individual‘s CREW Center membership will be suspended until the charge is paid for. A schedule of the replacement fees can be found at the front desk.
- Food is NOT allowed at any time in an activity.
- Water and sports drinks in closed containers may be used in the exercise or gym areas.
- Food and beverages may be consumed in the conference room, multipurpose room, waiting areas and locker rooms.
- All containers are subject to substance check at any time by the CREW Center staff.
- Glass containers are prohibited at all times.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the CREW Center.
For most tournaments and games, the CREW Center will have a concession stand open to purchase food and drinks. Outside food is not permitted. No food can be ordered and delivered to the CREW Center while the concession stand is open, unless authorized by a staff member.
Locker cubby space is first-come, first serve basis for all members. Information regarding locker availability can be inquired at the front desk.
Day Lockers are available in the public and family locker rooms. These lockers are free and can be used on a daily basis. Bringing your own padlock for the lockers is strongly recommended. The CREW Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items. All items must be removed from day lockers by the closing of each day. Locks will be cut off at the closing of each night. Items that are not removed from day lockers will be collected at closing by CREW Center staff. These items will be kept for 1 week. The items not claimed will be given to charity.
Lost and found items should be turned into the front desk. Any inquires about lost and found items may be made at the front desk. Items that are not claimed after 7 days will be given to charity. The CREW Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Individuals who lose an item or find an item will fill out a form at the Front Desk (Appendix).
- No outside postings are allowed without permission from the Executive Director.
- Material must not be offensive and appropriate for public viewing.
- CREW Center reserves the right to remove any items at any time.
- Solicitation is strictly prohibited unless the individual is a CREW Center employee acting under the terms of their job.
Sweat towels should not be leave the Fitness Area. After use, return towels to designated towel drop by the fitness floor attendant desk.
The CREW Center is a non-smoking facility, in accordance with the Iowa Smokefree Air Act. Smoking is not allowed in the building or on the property of the CREW Center.
No firearms and/or weapons are allowed in/on CREW Center property. This is stated in Resolution No. 2011-46, Resolution Prohibiting Firearms and Weapons In and On Property Owned, Leased, Or Otherwise Occupied by the City of Woodbine (Appendix).
Non-Leisure Services/CREW Center operated organized group activities should be approved in advance by CREW Center facility or will be subject to the discretion of on duty staff. Use of facilities for paid instructional or coaching purposes is prohibited with the exception of recognized Sports Department programs and their partners.
Adult Pick-Up Basketball
- Times may change depending upon recreation programs that are scheduled in the gymnasium at that time.
- To ensure that everyone gets to play and to help move games along, we provide the following rules:
- Participants must be full facility members over the age of 16 (any exceptions must be approved by management before entering the gymnasium).
- The first 10 participants physically in the gymnasium will shoot free throws to decide the first 5 v 5 game. The next 5 participants in the gymnasium will play the winner.
- Winners will stay on the court if 15 or fewer participants are in the gymnasium.
If the court becomes crowded, the winner stays and rules will be modified to:
- Games switch to two and out once the 16th participant physically enters the gymnasium.
- The winner of the game in progress establishes the two and out, and participants must be physically in the gym before the game has ended.
- Once a session goes to two and out it remains that way for the rest of the night.
- Games are played to a maximum of 11 unless 20 or more participants are playing. Games are then to a final score of 9.
If a Fitness Attendant deems that an excessive number of fouls or inappropriate behavior is taking place they can and will:
- Remove a team or both teams from the court
- Raise the goals and suspend full court basketball for the day
- Remove a member or guest from the CREW Center
In an effort to achieve the highest standards of facility maintenance, there will be times when the entire facility or certain areas of the facility will shut down for maintenance. Patrons’ understanding and patience is appreciated as efforts are made to improve and maintain the cleanliness, safety and aesthetics of the facility. These dates will be posted throughout the facility in advance.
Individuals assume a risk of injury or even death while voluntarily electing to participate in physical activity. All participants are strongly encouraged by the CREW Center to have a health evaluation, consult with their personal physician to determine appropriate fitness level, use good judgment concerning their ability, participate at an appropriate level, and to carry medical insurance coverage.
- When cleaning equipment after use, utilize the towels and spray provided at many different stations in the area. Please do not use your personal workout towel for cleaning. Spray the towel and then wipe down the machine. DO NOT spray the machine and then wipe it down.
- Ask a staff member how to properly use a machine if needed.
- Proper shoes and clothing need to be worn at all times.
- Having a second pair of shoes that are DEDICATED to indoors is mandatory.
- Use trash receptacles to spit in NOT sinks or drinking fountains.
- Profanity, improper behavior, intoxication and/or vulgar remarks are prohibited.
- Be courteous to everyone.
- The CREW Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Report items that are missing as soon as it is known to the front desk staff.
- Report any damaged equipment, accidents, or misconduct to staff.
- Individuals are asked to wipe down the machine when finished, including the seat and hand rails, using the cleaning towels and spray provided.
- Please limit your workout to 30 minutes if cardio area is busy.
- Report broken equipment to Front Desk or Fitness Floor Attendant Desk.
- Must be 12 years of age to use this equipment.
- Use machines only for their designated purpose.
- Return all machines to their starting positions after use.
Fitness Floor and Free Weight Area
- Free weights must be restacked and barbells and dumbbells must be returned to the racks after use. Free weights should not be placed near or against mirrors or walls or on benches.
- Weights must stay in the weight area at all times.
- Do not lift beyond your capabilities – know your limits. If necessary use a spotter and/or ask the floor supervisor for spotting assistance.
- Absolutely no slamming of weights – set them down slowly, assuring they are not being thrown onto ground.
- When crowded, do not occupy a select weight station for more than 10 minutes.
- Must be 12 years of age to use weights, strength equipment and cardio equipment.
- Report irregularity use of equipment to the front desk, or let the appropriate staff member know.
- Dedicated, closed toed shoes are required to be worn at all times. Only athletic court or running shoes are allowed. Sandals, open toed shoes, boots, turf/spiked shoes and hard soled shoes are not permitted.
- Strollers are NOT permitted on the track and in
- Use the track in the direction the arrow indicates.
- Walkers use the inside lane, joggers on the middle lane, and runners on the outside lane.
- No more than 2 people side-by-side.
- Give right of way to individuals trying to pass.
- Throwing objects is not permitted (Balls, sticks, etc.).
- The track is not an observation area; no one is allowed to stand on or block any lanes of the track unless approved by CREW Center staff.
- Stretching and warm-up exercises are to occur in designated areas only.
- Racing is not permitted.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the track.
- Children (ages 8-11) have to be directly supervised by an adult to use.
- Non-marking athletic shoes only.
- Hanging on the rims or net is not permitted.
- No kicking or throwing of equipment towards the ceiling and/or track. Equipment should be used only for the intended purpose
- Volleyball nets will be set up and taken down by CREW Center staff only.
- Members are not to turn on the lights or tamper with the panel boxes. Requests or problems should be referred to the Front Desk Staff or Facility Attendant.
- Studio Schedule: refer to weekly schedule posted on each door, on website or with the front desk.
- Equipment used in this studio may not be removed from the room.
- Wipe down machines or equipment when finished with the cleaning towels and spray provided.
- Swimming is allowed only when there is a lifeguard on duty
- Children 5 years and under need to have Touch Supervision, parent/guardian is within arm’s reach of child.
- There may be safety breaks when the entire pool will be cleared.
- Horseplay such as running, splashing, shoving or dunking is not permitted.
- Diving is only permitted in certain areas of pool.
- No hopping over the dividing wall between the zero-depth entry and the lane pool.
- Swimming lessons that are not offered by the CREW Center are prohibited.
- During Open Swim air mattresses or similar floatable devices are not permitted. Balls, Frisbees, or other throw able equipment are not permitted. There may be exceptions to this special circumstances.
- Properly-fitted Coast Guard-approved life jackets are only allowed. Life jackets are not allowed on the slide. No other floatation devices are allowed in the pool.
- Remove all band-aids before entering the water.
- Do not swim after consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Food and drinks (other than water) are not allowed inside the pool area.
- Pool equipment is to be handled by lifeguard staff only.
- Be considerate of others and their individual workouts.
- Avoid congregating at the end walls of lanes. Please move to the extreme right corners of the lane if stopping for a moment.
- Showers are required for anyone prior to using the pool and after each use of the restroom.
- Swimmers must stay off and avoid the area directly beneath the lifeguard stands. No exceptions.
- Sitting, hanging, or playing on safety ropes, ramps or ladders is prohibited.
- Children 2 years and under, or who aren’t potty trained, must wear swim diapers and plastic pants. All other diapers are prohibited in the pool. Changing a diaper is not allowed on the pool deck.
- Proper swim attire must be worn at all times in the pool, no underwear, street clothes, blue jeans, or swimsuits with rivets.
- Exception: a clean t-shirt may be worn
- Admission to the pool may be denied for any of the following reasons:
- When an individual is apparently unable to care for themself
- Evidence of contagious disease
- Open sores, wounds
- Excessively revealing swim suits
- Any condition or evidence, which, in the opinion of the staff, will jeopardize the health and safety of the general public.
- All accidents, however minor, must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
- WARNING: Failure to follow rules can result in serious injury.
- All riders must be at least 48 inches tall.
- Maximum rider weight is 300 pounds.
- Warning: Water depth is shallow.
- The lifeguard will instruct the next rider when it is clear to begin their ride.
- Non-Swimmers are not permitted.
- No metal objects, locker keys, jewelry, metal straps, watches, goggles, sunglasses, or eyeglasses permitted on the slide as they may cause injury.
- No tubes, mats, or life jackets are permitted on the waterslide.
- The line should form on the deck with one rider on each landing and one rider in the starter tub. Cutting ahead of others in line and rowdy play are prohibited and may result is dismissal from the pool area.
- No chain riding permitted, only one rider at a time.
- Riders must enter the slide in a seated position and wait for the instructions from the lifeguard stationed at the slide starter tub.
- All riders must ride feet first while lying on their back with arms crossed across their chest.
- Propelling oneself into the ride is prohibited.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping in the flume. Arms and hands must remain inside the flume at all times. Riders should remain in proper riding position until forward movement is terminated. At no time should the rider attempt to stand up while on the slide or prior to coming to a complete stop in the splash out area.
- No diving from the end of the slide.
- Exit the catch pool immediately. Individuals must exit the catch pool area before the next rider can be sent.
- Riders must be in good health. Elderly persons, those suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, or persons using prescription medication should consult their physician before using this slide. Individuals with medical conditions including, but not limited to, pregnancy, heart or back problems should not ride.
- Rider assumes all risk of injury due to misuse of this slide or failure to follow these rules.
- Parents/guardians of children under the age of 16 are strongly encouraged to observe the activity prior to deciding whether to allow their child to participate.
- Decisions rendered by the lifeguard staff are final.
- All lifeguards have the authority to suspend pool privileges if rules are violated.
- Our pool is ADA friendly. Please inquire with pool staff for assistance before utilizing the pool lift.
- Only allowed to be used by reservation.
- Ask staff if unaware how to use the technology.
- No food or drink is allowed near the technology.
- Take all garbage out of cans and place in dumpster by building.
- Clean up all spills.
- Place tables and chairs the way they were originally set up.
- Wipe down tables and chairs.
- Sweep and/or mop the room if necessary.
- Only allowed to be used by reservation.
- Must be 18 years or older to utilize the kitchen.
Locker Rooms & Restrooms
- It is recommended that no valuables be left unsecured or unattended.
- Do not leave any doors or entrances propped open.
- After showering, do no leave any soap or shampoo in the shower area.
- Turn off the shower when finished.
- Dry off before you leave the locker room to go towards the lobby.
- Leave the handicapped-access facilities for those who need them.
- Don’t bring electronic equipment into the locker room.
- Don’t leave your valuables in an unlocked locker.
- No roughhousing or horseplay in the locker rooms.
- Children Dressing Area Policies
- Children ages 2 and under are allowed in the opposite sex restroom/locker room.
- There are Family Restroom/Locker Room (gender neutral) available to use by a family and it includes restrooms, showers, lockers, infant changing table and sink.
- Parent/Guardian will fill out Childcare Information Form (Appendix) the first time the child is dropped off.
- Children may stay in child care for up to 60 minutes while parent or guardian is at the center. If the next 60minute session is available they can schedule into a second session.
- Eligible children: 1 to 8 years.
- Parent/guardian must check the child(ren) in and out of the childwatch area.
- All drinks need to be brought in in an appropriate container. (water and milk only)
- Snacks will not be handed out during child care
- Diaper bags are not allowed to be stored in the child care room, use a locker if needed.
- If your child can walk, he/she must wear shoes.
- If your child needs medication while you are here, you must administer it.
- Change your child’s diaper before you come to child care. If your child needs changing while you are here, we will page you.
- If your child needs to be disciplined, we will talk with you, and if the problem persists, we may ask you to remove your child from child care.
Harassment in any form hinders a member’s, guests, or employee’s ability to function and fully participate in all forms and functions within the CREW Center. Likewise, harassment is in violation of every member’s, guest’s, and employee’s ability to participate to their full potential within the CREW Center. As a result, harassment in any form will not be permitted within the CREW Center. All reported and observed cases of suspected harassment will be investigated promptly. Consequences facing employees may include reprimands, suspensions without pay, reductions in responsibilities, or expulsion. Consequences facing members or guests may include reprimand, escort out of the facility, suspension of membership, or discontinuation of membership.
Harassment Defined: Harassment in any form is defined as follows:
- Sexual Harassment: Form of misconduct which destroys the equality and integrity of the member, guest, or employee on the basis of sex. It undermines the morale and interferes with the productivity of the offender, the recipient, and others. This includes any unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or any other physical or verbal conduct of a sexual nature that impedes a member’s, guest’s, or employee’s participation within the facility.
- Discriminating Against Race and Beliefs: Physical or verbal conduct that impedes a member’s, guest’s, or employee’s participation within the facility. No such acts discriminating a person’s race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability will be permitted on CREW property. Such acts create a demeaning, intimidating, and threatening environment for a victim.
- Other: Any perceived act that creates a hostile environment for any person within the CREW Center in which their participation is altered will not be tolerated.
Complaints can be submitted a number of different ways. All reports will remain anonymous for confidentially/security of victim:
- Send complaints via email to the Executive Director.
- Call the CREW Center to speak with to the Executive Director.
- Complete a Complaint/Grievance of Harassment Form (Appendix). The form can be taken from the Front Desk and either emailed as an attachment to the Executive Director, or returned to front desk.
Depending on the severity of the incident, further investigation may be needed for clarity. Each case will be handled promptly and proper measures will be taken by management to ensure a safer environment for the alleged victim.
The CREW Center provides organizational tours for groups or individuals upon request. Groups or individuals may contact the front desk to establish an appointment for a tour. Tours will be conducted by CREW Center Staff. Use of the facility is not included with a tour. Individuals who are interested in a membership will be able to tour the facility.
All arrangements for use of the CREW Center are initiated through the front desk. The use of the facility is ranked from highest priority receiving usage first:
- All CREW Center regularly scheduled activities
- Contracted user group activities
- Non-contracted user group activities
The CREW Center reserves the right to reprioritize or cancel events within 24 hours’ notice. Scheduling of CREW Center regularly scheduled activities will take place a year in advance. After this scheduling has been set, scheduling for other activities and/or groups will take place on a first come, first serve basis – utilizing the above noted priority. Form for reserving spaces and waivers for the CREW Center are located in Appendix.
- Members receive discount on all Facility Rentals.
- Special Corporate and Employee Discounts may also be possible.
|Choices between 2 conference rooms and 1 multi-aged room
|Great conference/party room that features multiple tables and chairs, sound system, fireplace, kitchen, and bar
|High quality wood flooring, with seating options. 1 regulation basketball courts, and 2 ample-sized cross-courts for
|basketball and volleyball. Can be curtained off into 2 separate spaces. Wrestling mats are welcomed.
|Pool + Party Room (Open Hours) Limited Capacity
|6 Lane Lap Pool, Rock climbing wall, zero entry pool, lazy river.
|Pool + Party Room (Closed off Access)
|6 Lane Lap Pool, Rock climbing wall, zero entry pool, lazy river.
Payment for a reservation must be made in full on the day of the reservation or the CREW Center reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
The CREW Center reserves the right to reprioritize or cancel an event within 48 hours of the event. If reservation cancellation occurs 14 days or less prior to the event the fee is non-refundable.
Participants who reserve the CREW Center and/or equipment assume liability of and agree to compensate the CREW Center for any damage other than normal wear and tear while it is being used. Facilities and/or equipment that require repair due to damage by event participants will be repaired by the CREW Center staff or a licensed contractor and the repair bill will be charged to the event sponsor. If any equipment should be lost during rental, the event sponsor will be responsible for all replacement costs.
Food is allowed to be brought in for reservations. If the kitchen needs to be used, please fill out the form (Appendix). Caters are allowed to bring food in, but you are responsible for their actions. If you are using a caterer, you need to inform the CREW Center of who it is before the event. The caterer will need to fill out a sheet and sign the form of what they are planning on using for the kitchen (Appendix).
Decorations or signage may not be put on walls for furnishings in the CREW Center without consent from the CREW Center Executive Director. They may not disguise, cover, or interfere with any safety device, including fire safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, exit signs, sprinkler heads and piping and fire alarm pull stations. No confetti and glitter.
The CREW Center may require uniformed security officers, Woodbine Police Department, to be present at an event. If security is required for the event, a Security for Event Form (Appendix) will be required to be filled out and given to the Facility Specialist at least two (2) weeks prior to event. The scheduling and expense is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. If security requirements are not completed, the event will be cancelled.